Veterans of the Hoch- und Deutschmeister Division/44 Infanterie Division.
Oberleutnant Paul Broschk - Infanterie-Reiment 134
As the fighting raged in Stalingrad throughout September and October, there were significant engagements to the northwest of the city as 6. Armee fought to protect its left flank from Soviet pressure. Among the units fighting in the area during that fateful autumn was 44. Infanterie-Division of XI. Armeekorps. Originally formed in Vienna in 1938, the division comprised three main regiments, including Infanterie-Regiment 134 which was a direct descendant of the original Hapsburg Hoch-und Deutchmeister Regiment of 1696. From as far back as the Eighteenth Century, the Regiment was a substantial part of Viennese culture. Its membership was desired for the sake of improving one's stature in Austrian society. The regiment fought with distinction through many of the European wars; it fought during the Austro-Hungarian wars against the Turks during the 1700s and later fought during the Napoleonic wars of Liberation. By World War I, the regiment was heavily engaged on the Eastern Front and ultimately suffered significant losses as a result of a major Russian offensive in July 1915. The regiment was rebuilt and transferred to the Italian front where it served for the remainder of the war. Following World War I, however, it lost much of its stature with the demise of the Hapsburgs.
With the incorporation of Austria into the Reich, 44. Infanterie-Division was formed as part of a reorganization of the Austrian military. The division’s first role with the new Wehrmacht was to participate in the march on Czechoslovakia in October 1939. It fought in the Polish campaign and with Army Group B in France before serving with Army Group South in the summer of 1941 in the Soviet Union. As part of the summer offensive of 1942 and the push to Stalingrad, 44. Infanterie-Division fought on the northern flank of 6. Armee. By September, the division was heavily engaged with the Soviet 65th Army, first in the area of the River Chir and later along the River Don northwest of the city. During this fighting, on October 4, 1942, Oberleutnant Paul Broschk, was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class as a commanding officer within II. Batallion, Infanterie-Regiment 134.
Following receipt of his Iron Cross, Oberleutnant Broschk continued to serve as commander of 7th Company, IR134. During the Soviet counteroffensive of November 19, 1942, 44. Infanterie-Division retreated to a temporary position in the Kalach area in order to hold back Red Army attacks. As Soviet pressure grew and the Germans were ultimately surrounded, the division was ordered to retreat closer to the city where it was to combat and contain Soviet penetrations from the west. As casualty and supply issues grew, the division suffered heavily as it now occupied unprepared positions on the frozen Russian steppe outside the city.
On December 2, the first major attack on the surrounded Kessel took place. XI. Armeekorps suffered heavy losses with heaviest casualties among the units of the 44. Infanterie-Division. Among the casualties was Oberleutnant Broschk, wounded on the 2nd and flown out shortly after. Throughout the next two months, the Germans in and around Stalingrad suffered continuously from Soviet pressure, dwindling supplies and the effects of winter. The Kessel collapsed at the end of January and was officially overrun by February 2, 1943. 44. Infanterie-Division, along with various other divisions, independent and headquarters units, was completely destroyed. Broschk’s wound of early December ultimately saved his life.
Following the catastrophe in Stalingrad the division was reformed in February 1943. In June, the newly formed Grenadier-Regiment 134 was added and the division became known as (44.) Reichsgrenadier-Division Hoch- und Deutschmeister. It was among the first of the destroyed divisions from Stalingrad to be reinstated and it was this unit that authorized the commemorative “Stalingrad” cross to be worn on the epaulettes of certain members of the division. Broschk was promoted to Hauptmann and was awarded the Black Wound Badge on July 22, 1943 by a Reserve Hospital in Vienna.
Note that the Black Wound Badge citation lists the incorrect regimental number. It was not uncommon for hospital personnel to get unit data wrong on award documents during the war.
Wilhelm "Willy" Nagel - Oberst and commander of Grenadier-Regiment 131
(June 12, 1898, Tübingen, April 23, 1980, Zell im Wiesental)
1916 as an entry into the German army Fahnenjunker
1919 after the war in Vorläufige Reichswehr
February 1, 1922 entry into Schutzpolizist Stuttgart
April 1, 1932 the commander of Mg-Hundertschaft Panzerwagen und Stuttgart
15.05.1933 until 20.05.1933 Führerlehrgang Stuttgart
1934 commander of the 1st MG-Hundertschaft, Württembergischen Landespolizei, MG-Inspekteur
March 15, 1936 entry into the Wehrmacht
April 1, 1936 the commander of the 8th Kompanie, 109 Infantry Regiment, Karlsruhe
1937 assistant teacher at Lehrgang für MG-Offizier, Infanterieschule Doberitz
1938 Ersatz-Bataillon commander, Infantry Regiment 34, Heilbronn
March 1, 1939 Ersatz-Bataillon commander, Infantry Regiment 56, Ulm
September 1, 1939 Commander II. Bataillon, 460 Infantry Regiment, Biberach
April 1942 Commander of Infantry Regiment 353
October 15, 1942 commander Grenadier Regiment 353
February 24, 1944 to September 14, 1944 the commander of Grenadier Regiment 131, 44. Reichsgrenadier-Division "Hoch- und Deutschmeister" fighting against partisans in Italy and the battle for Monte Cassino
October 19, 1944 until November 15, 1944 15th Divisionsführer-Lehrgang in Hirschberg
January 25, 1945 the commander of the 78th Volks-Sturm-Division
May 1, 1945 to April 15, 1946 in American custody
Ranks achieved & when:
December 23, 1916 Lieutenant
February 1, 1922 Polizeileutnant
April 1, 1923 Polizeioberleutnant
April 1, 1930 Polizeihauptmann
March 15, 1936 Hauptmann
Major October 1, 1936
April 1, 1945 Generalmajor
Eisernes Kreuz (1914) II. und I. Klasse
Königliche Württembergische Goldene Militärverdienstmedaille
Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer
Wiederholungsspange (1939) zum Kreuz Eisernen II. und I. Klasse (1914)
Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen in Silber
Deutsches Kreuz in Gold January 29, 1943 as Oberst and commander Grenadier Regiment 353
Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes June 12, 1944 as Oberst and commander of the Grenadier Regiment 131
Major i.G. Walter Birk, Aufklärungs-Abteilung 44
Major Birk, 31/10/1913 – 24/07/1967) began his military career in 1937 serving as a Leutnant & Zugführer in 3rd Schwadron.Kavallerie-Regiment 11. In 1939 he was transferred to Stockerau to become C.O. of the newly formed 2rd Radfahr-Schwadron/Aufklärungs-Abteilung 44 of the 44. Infanterie-Division. In this position Birk participated in Polish campaign in 1939 in which he earned the Iron Cross 2nd Class in September followed by the Iron Cross 1st Class on 6/10/1939. Serving later in Russia he was awarded the Knights Cross on the 2/11/1941 as Oberleutnant & C.O. of the 2nd Kompanie/Aufklärungs-Abteilung 44.
On 1/1/1943 he was given the command of Radfahr-Lehr-Abteilung (later named Schule für Schnelle Truppen) in Kramnitz (this would imply that he was either evacuated out of Stalingrad or had already been transferred out of the Division which at this time was entrapped in the city). In March 1943 he was transferred into ‘Führerreserve’, shortly thereafter Birk became a Staff Officer in Generalstab of 1st Panzerarmee. Placement at the Kriegsakademie for further Staff Officer training followed during the period 6/12/1943 to 6/05/1944, during this time at the academy he was promoted to Major i.G. (im Generalstab) on 1/02/1944. On the 25/06/1944 he became I.b. (Operations Officer) of the 7th Infanterie-Division, serving with the division until November 1944. His final assignment was as Chief of Staff of the 83rd Infanterie-Division on 10/04/1945.
Jürgen Diederichsen, Hauptmann (Captain), Pionier-Bataillon 80
Date of Birth: November 25th, 1910 (Westerlinnet/Schleswig-Holstein, Germany)
Date of Death: January 30th, 1943 (Stalingrad, Soviet Union)
Jürgen Diederichsen was reported missing in action at Stalingrad on January 30th, 1943. His name was registered in the register and on a monument at the German War Cemetery Rossosjka.
DEUTSCHES KREUZ IN GOLD - April 11th, 1942
EISERNES KREUZ 1. KLASSE
EISERNES KREUZ 2. KLASSE
(ALLGEMEINES) STURMABZEICHEN (OHNE ZAHLEN), I.STUFE ( (General) Assaultbadge (without numbers))
VERWUNDETENABZEICHEN 1939 IN SCHWARZ (Wound Badge in Black)
DEUTSCHES REITERABZEICHEN IN BRONZE (German Equestrian Badge in Bronze)
MEDAILLE ZUR ERINNERUNG AN DEN 1. OKTOBER 1938 (Sudetenland Commemorative Medal October 1st 1938)
DIENSTAUSZEICHNUNG DER WEHRMACHT 4.KLASSE, 4 JAHRE (Long Service Medal 4th Class, 4 Years)
Willi Hilss, Panzerjäger-Abteilung 46.
Unteroffizier Willi Hilss, was awarded the Knight's Cross on 19/1/1941 whilst serving as a Geschützführer in Panzerjäger Abteilung 46, 44-Infanterie-Division.
The photograph shows Willi in the rank of Oberfeldwebel.
Karl-Heinz Noak, Panzerjäger-Abteilung 46.
Karl-Heinz Noak (30 July 1916 – 14 November 1978) was a highly decorated Major in the Wehrmacht during World War II and an Oberst in the Bundeswehr. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
Iron Cross (1939)
2nd Class (6 November 1939)
1st Class (26 June 1940)
Wound Badge in Black
Eastern Front Medal
Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
Knight's Cross on 5 August 1940 as Leutnant and Zugführer (platoon leader) in the 2./Panzerjäger-Abteilung 46
63rd receipient of Oak Leaves on 16 January 1942 as Oberleutnant and chief of the 1./Panzerjäger-Abteilung 137
German Cross in Gold on 6 January 1945 as Major in the schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilung 654
See the page on this website regards the Division's participation in the French campaign 1940 to see a brief description of how Noak was awarded the Knight's Cross as Zugführer (platoon leader) of 2./Panzerjäger-Abteilung 46.
Oberleutnant Karl Gruner, Artillerie-Regiment 96
4th Battery commander, II. Abteilung, 96. Artillerie-Regiment.
Some of Gruner's testimony of the hellish combat at Monte Cassino can be found in the book "Monte Cassino: Ten Armies in Hell" by Peter Caddick-Adams.
Oberleutnant Otto Hollenz, Hoch- und Deutschmeister Regiment
Commander 4th Company, Hoch- und Deutschmeister Regiment, Colle Abate, Monte Cassino, 1944
Hollenz led the last successful counter-attack on the summit of Colle Abate in January 1944.
Major Otto Hollenz, (retired), attending a memorial service at Colle Abate, May 2001.
Oberfeldwebel Eitel Brock, Pionier-Bataillon 80
Oberfeldwebel Brock was a platoon commander in 2./Pi.Btl.80 who took charge of the pioneers attached to Sturmkompanie 44, Stalingrad 1942.
Brock was born on 19 April 1915 in Langenberg and was killed in action in Stalingrad on 11 November 1942.
The photograph here shows Brock in the rank of Feldwebel.
Source: Island of Fire: The Battle for the Barrikady Gun Factory in Stalingrad by Jason Mark.
Major Eberhard Pohl, Infanterie-Regiment 134
Eberhard Pohl was born on 23 November 1908 in Sagen, Niederschlesien (now called Zagen in Poland). Pohl joined the Bremen Shütze Polizei as an Officer cadet 5 February 1928, he later enlisted in the Wehrmacht initially serving as an adjutant in Infanterie Regt 65 with the rank of Leutnant. After the Austrian Anschluss on the 1st June 1938 he became a company commander in the Austrian Infanterie Regt 13, garrisoned in Hainberg, this regiment was soon absorbed into Infanterie Regt 134 "Hoch- und Deutschmeister" garrisoned in Wien (Vienna), and he became commander of the 1st Battalion of that Regiment, taking part in the Polish, French and Russian campaigns culminating in his participation in the battle for Stalingrad, where the 6th Army was destroyed.It was during the Russian campaign that he won his Deutsche Kreuz in Gold on the 2 April 1942. On the 17 December 1942 he was awarded the Knight's Cross. He went into Soviet captivity following the capitulation of German forces in Stalingrad & was eventually released from Soviet captivity in 1953. Pohl later went on to serve in the Bundeswehr and passed away in 1997.
It is rumoured that he took his Knight's Cross with him in captivity & kept it with him up until 9 November 1945 when he is said to have "broken it up" and sent it with a returning soldier to Germany. It is said that on return to Germany upon release from Soviet captivity he was reunited with it!
The colour portrait shown here was apparently done when he was in hospital in Kharkov early 1942 and that he later had the Knight's Cross painted on it.
More to follow...
Italian armour in German service 1943-45.
Semovente da 105/25 “Bassotto" - (Part 1) - A specification was put forward in mid-1942 for an SPG that could support infantry, but also double as a tank hunter, using the heavy 25 caliber Cannone da 105 mm (4.13 in). At that time, Odero-Terni-Orlando (OTO) and Ansaldo proposed prototypes. OTO’s proposition was to fit the 105/23 gun on a P26/40 heavy tank chassis. However, the prototype built at Ansaldo, based on the M15/43, and presented at the Study Center of Motor Vehicles, on 28 February 1943, was eventually tested and approved by the Comando Supremo, for a production run of 878 vehicles. It entered production on 2 April 1943, and was in service between June and September, before the Italian Armistice, under the designation Semovente da 105/25 su scafo M43.
This heavy SPG followed the path of other Semovente in service. It was, however, based on the latest chassis available, the lengthened Carro Armato M15/42 medium tank, in its 1943 version. For the task, the chassis was slightly widened, reaching 7.9 feet (2.4 m) instead of 7.3 feet (2.20 m). The gun itself was positioned on the centreline, with a casemate protected by a 75 mm (2.95 in) frontal sloped plate, 50 mm (1.97 in) of armor on the sides and only 15 mm (0.59 in) on the roof and bottom. The driver was located on the left hand side and had a hinged armored shutter with a sight slit. A small headlight was fitted left of him, on the sloped side. A Magneti Marelli RF1 CA emitter/receiver was also fitted, with its whip antenna located on the left side of the roof. Two large roof hatches were installed, for easier access. There was a mount-point for a Breda 8 mm (0.31 in) machine-gun on an AA pintle mount and a hull-mounted Breda 8 mm (0.31 in) with 864 rounds as secondary armament. The main gun was derived from the 1916 105/28 field gun and had a rather low muzzle velocity, around 650 m/sec (2130 ft/s) with AP rounds. It had a 34° traverse and -12°/+ 22° depression/elevation. But it could be deadly effective at short range, because of its heavy HE shells. At 15.9 tons and a 192 hp engine, it was capable of a top road speed of 35 km/h (22 mph). The crew of three comprised the driver, the commander, that doubled as gunner, and the loader, that doubled as radio operator. The Semovente da 75/46 tank hunter was also built on the same chassis, and it was the first Italian vehicle with a welded construction.
Semovente da 105/25 “Bassotto" - (Part 2) - Production and service - The armistice came after only 30 of these vehicles were built. The days following the armistice, these Italian SPGs saw action with the 135ª Armoured Division “Ariete II”, against German troops near Rome. However, the factory and all vehicles were later taken over by German forces, and the Semovente 105/25 was renamed Sturmgeschütz M43 mit 105/25 853(i). The production line was reactivated and 60 more of these were delivered until 1944, for the German forces. Most were used for the defense of the Gothic line and some were passed on to the Italian forces of the puppet republic of Salo, and stayed in service until May 1945 in northern Italy. The Semovente 105/25 was nicknamed “Bassotto” (Dachshund), and the crews generally liked it. It was the most heavily armed SPG in Italian service, presented a low silhouette, and was well protected and reliable. Surviving German vehicles ended stripped of their main guns, which were recycled into the Alpine Valley bunkers.
Semovente M43 da 105/25 specifications:
Dimensions (L-W-H) 5.1 x 2.40 x 1.75 m (19.8 x 9.3 x 5.9 ft)
Total weight, battle ready 15.8 tons
Crew 3 (commander/gunner, driver, loader/radioman)
Propulsion SPA 15TB M-15 diesel (360 l), 192 hp (143.17 kW), 15 hp/t
Suspension Vertical volute springs
Maximum speed (road) 38 km/h (24 mph)
Operational range 150 km (93 mi)
Armament Main: 105 mm (2.95 in) L28 34, 48 rounds
Secondary: 8 mm (0.31 in) Breda 38 machine gun, 1100 rounds
Armour From 30 to 100 mm (1.18-3.94 in)
Semovente da 47/32 - (Part 1) - Development of the Semovente da 47/32 - By the time the Regio Esercito entered the war, in May 1940, the armoured branch of the army was far from being ready. Most numerically important was the CV tankette series, armed with machine-guns. The main gun in use on the medium tank M11/39 was a 37 mm (1.46 in), and and the brand new M13/40s, armed with a 47 mm (1.85 in), were few. The army decidedly needed to bolster its anti-tank capabilities. Driven by this necessity, a tank hunter was designed in 1940 based on the CV-33 chassis, the L3 da 47/32, which featured an open platform mounting a 47 mm (1.85 in) 32 calibre gun with a shield, with its servants left unprotected. This prototype was never produced. At the same time, the German StuG had some successes against tanks, even with its 75 mm (2.95 in) short-barrel howitzer, and it was decided to try a similar configuration on the brand new light tank L6/40 chassis.
Design of the 47/32 su Scafo L40 - The conversion started when the production run of the L6/40 was ending at FIAT-Ansaldo. Work started quickly, fitting the standard anti-tank Cannone da 47/32 M35 inside an armoured, but open-top superstructure built over the L6/40 chassis. The Semovente da 47/32 (“self-propelled 47/32 gun”) kept many of the characteristics of the light tank, borrowing its engine, mechanical parts, drive-train, tracks, and kept the same armour (30 mm/1.18 in on the front). An armoured box was fixed above the chassis, mounted forward compared to the old hull, and roomier. Access inside was made through side doors and the open top. The driver was seated in the front left of the superstructure, while the gun was placed on his right. Fortunately for the cramped fighting compartment, the gun was compact enough. It was Austrian in origin, and had a 630 m/s (2,067 ft/s) muzzle velocity with AP shells and 250 m/s (820 ft/s) with HEAT rounds. Maximum range was 7000 m (7665 yd), but the effective range was 500 m (550 ft), where it could defeat 43 mm (1.69 in) of armour, and up to 58 mm (2.28 in) at close range.
Production and variants - The production started in late 1941, but the Semovente 47/32 was not available before 1942. It was built until the Italian surrender in November 1943. By then, around about 280 to 300 had been delivered by Ansaldo and FIAT-SPA. Some command versions were derived from this vehicle, equipped with long range radio sets and map tables, and the main gun replaced by a 8 mm (0.31 in) Breda machine-gun disguised as a 47 mm (1.85 in).
(Illustration shows a German StuG L6 mit 47/32 630(i), summer 1944).
Semovente da 47/32 - (Part 2) - The Semovente 47/32 in action - By the time it entered service, the bulk of this new tank-hunter was shipped to the Eastern front, soldiering with the ARMIR (8th Italian army). They operated in conjunction with other forces in Ukraine, from the summer of 1942 to early 1943. It was one of the most available Italian AFVs on this front, but its main gun failed against the excellent armour of the T-34 and KV-1. By February 1943, these had been decimated by the large winter Soviet counter-offensive around Stalingrad.
Others were sent to North Africa, to operate with the Ariete and Litorrio divisions from the second battle of El Alamein until the fall of Tunis in February 1943. Others were stationed in Italy. Some saw action in Sicily, apparently used by “Black Shirt” formations. Many were captured and pressed into service by the Wehrmacht in November 1943. The Germans used them as the StuG L6 mit 47/32 630(i) until the end of the war, with some being passed onto the Esercito Nazionale Repubblicano (RSI, 10 in all) and others to their Bulgarian and Croat allies.
Semovente da 47/32 specifications
Dimensions (L-W-H): 3.78 x 1.92 x 1.63 m (12ft 5in x 6ft 4in x 5ft 4in)
Total weight, battle ready: 6.4 tons (14,109 lbs)
Crew: 3 (commander/gunner, driver, loader)
Propulsion: Fiat SPA, 6 cyl. gasoline, 70 hp
Suspension: Leaf spring bogies
Maximum speed (road): 42 km/h (26 mph)
Operational range: 200 km (124 mi)
Armament: Cannone da 47/32 modello 35 (1.85 in), 70 rounds
Armour: Front: 30 mm (1.18 in)
Total production: 300
(Illustration shows German StuG L6/47/32 SPG Version G with side add-on armour and shielded Breda MG).
Italian armour used by 46. Panzerjäger Abteilung (Reichsgrenadier Division 'Hoch -und Deutschmeister) - Part 1
The Semovente da 75/18 was an Italian self-propelled gun of the Second World War. It was built by mounting the 75 mm Obice da 75/18 modello 34 mountain gun on the chassis of a M13/40, M14/41 or M15/42 tank. The first 60 were built using the M13/40 chassis and a subsequent 162 were built on the M14/41 chassis from 1941 to 1943, when the M15/43 chassis were introduced. The Semovente da 75/18 was intended to be an interim vehicle until the heavier P40 tank could be made available.
Although these machines were not widely known, the vehicle performed well in its role. Though it was technically similar to the StuG III, it had a totally different role, serving as divisional artillery instead of a pure assault gun.
After the Italian surrender in 1943, some 131 Semovente da 75/18 were seized by the Germans and the production of another 55 was authorized. They were, in combination with other Semovente models, issued to 12 divisions (9 infantry, one mountain, one Jäger and one Grenadier) and 3 assault-gun brigades as well as to the 12th SS Polizei Panzer Company. All units were intended for service in Italy or the Balkans. They were designated StuG M42 mit 7,5 KwK L 18(850).
Semovente da 75/18 M41 specifications:
Dimensions (L-W-H) - 4.92 x 2.20 x 1.85 m (16ft 2in x 7ft 3in x 6ft 1in)
Total weight, battle ready - 14.4 tons
Crew - 3 (commander/gunner, driver, loader/radioman)
Propulsion - Fiat SPA 8T V8 diesel, 125 hp, 8.92 hp/ton
Suspension - Leaf spring bogies
Maximum speed (road) - 32 km/h (20 mph)
Operational range - 230 km (143 mi)
Armament - 75 mm (2.95 in) Obice da 75/18 modello 34, 44 rounds
Armour - from 25 to 50 mm (0.98-1.97 in)
Total production - 262
Italian armour used by 46. Panzerjäger Abteilung (Reichsgrenadier Division 'Hoch -und Deutschmeister) - Part 2
The Semovente da 75/34 was an Italian self-propelled gun developed and used during World War II. It was a 75 mm L/34 gun mounted on a M15/42 tank chassis. It saw action during the defence of Rome in 1943 and later served with the Germans in Northern Italy and the Balkans. 141 were produced during the war (60 before the Armistice of Cassibile in September 1943, 81 later under German control).
After the success of the Semovente da 75/18, it was decided to build a self-propelled gun with a better gun, to improve its anti-tank capability (which on the former was given by the use of HEAT shells); some prototypes were built which replaced the Obice da 75/18 with a 75 mm L/32 field gun on the M14/41 tank chassis. Production began in spring 1943, with the 75 mm L/34 gun (the same as on the Carro Armato P 40) on the chassis of the M15/42 tank. Some sixty were built before the Italian armistice in September 1943.
Because of delayed production, lack of manpower and training time, only a few were used by Italian troops in Italy before the 8th September Armistice. In November, about 36 tanks were confiscated by the Germans. They also ordered a second production run, which lasted until 1944, with 80 more SPGs being turned over. In German service these were called Sturmgeschütz M42 mit 75/34 851(i). These took part in the defense of the central/northern Italy and the Balkans.
Semovente M42 da 75/34 specifications:
Dimensions (L-W-H) .04 x 2.23 x 1.8 m (16ft 6in x 7ft 4in x 5ft 11in)
Total weight, battle ready 15 tons
Crew 3 (commander/gunner, driver, loader/radioman)
Propulsion SPA M15 (15TB) V8 diesel, 192 hp (143.17 kW), 12.7 hp/ton
Suspension Vertical volute springs
Maximum speed (road) 40 km/h (25 mph)
Operational range 230 km (143 mi)
Armament 75 mm (2.95 in) L34 modello 34, 42 rounds
8 mm (0.31 in) Breda 38 machine gun, 1104 rounds
Armor From 25 to 50 mm (1-2 in)
Total production 190
More to follow...